Why sleeping is so important
Sleep Is The Seed For New Energy. Accept your personal and unique sleeping requirements. When you are tired, you think differently…talk differently…assess life differently. Make a habit of going to bed every night at the same time. Get enough sleep. When Fatigue Walks In, Faith Walks Out.
And He said to them, As for you] come away by yourselves to a deserted place, and rest a while—for many were [continually] coming and going, and they had not even leisure enough to eat.
A well-spent day brings happy sleep.
Leonardo da Vinci
If you can’t sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there worrying. It’s the worry that gets you, not the lack of sleep.
The serpent, the king, the tiger, the stinging wasp, the small child, the dog owned by other people, and the fool: these seven ought not to be awakened from sleep.
A few things I know about sleep:
1) It is of enormous importance (the highest level of rest)
2) Your back is safer when you sleep on it rather than your side or stomach. The worst is your stomach because it damages your neck. Often get up with a stiff neck? Might want to sleep on your back!
3) Caffein kicks in for a period of 12hrs! Have coffee (of all kinds and sorts) and tea (besides rooibos, herbal and green tea) 12hrs before the time you intend to go to bed.
4) Set a reminder the night before (on the current day) to 30mins before your sleeping time the next night. Make it a recurring reminder.
5) Determine how much sleep you need and make sure you sleep that number of hours before the time you intend to get up:
E.g my body can do with 6hrs of sleep. If I sleep longer I wake up tired and end up feeling like sleeping so more! So I usually sleep at 2:00 since I like getting up at 8:00. If there are various engagements at 8:00 or 9:00, I sleep 6hrs before the time I I’ll need to get up and be ready for them.
6) If work forces you to stay up past your bedtime, maintain your sleeping time (the times you are usually able to go to bed) at least 4 times a week. The weekends and off days are already 3 days down. Just one more can’t hurt!
7) Love your sleep (please do) but don’t fall in love with it!