For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of His government and peace
There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. Isaiah 9:6-7
Quick run over the number 11
The number 11 represents division, dethronement, destruction and chaos. 11, 13 and 666 are the only numbers I know that have no positive connotation and implication at all whatsoever. Check some of these Scriptures out concerning the number 11:
First you have Genesis 11 where the Tower of Babel was built in order for worship to return to the giants that were created before the flood. Read Chapter 6 paying attention to verses 2 (sons of God) and 6 (KJV and NKJV calls them “Nephilims ” that was the term given in reference to giants). They are of a race known as Amalekites. Every time you read that term, picture giants! After the flood the giants were not significant anymore because everyone was basically a giant so they were not worshipped. That’s why they wanted to build that tower, a project led by the ruler of the most evil city to date-Babylon. This alone is easily a whole post! You can do some research on your own if you like.
There was a journey that took 11 days and that caused the increase in time for the journey to the Promise Land:
It is eleven days’ journey from Horeb by way of Mount Seir to Kadesh Barnea. Deut 1:2. Check this out:
“So we departed from Horeb, and went through all that great and terrible wilderness which you saw on the way to the mountains of the Amorites, as the LORD our God had commanded us. Then we came to Kadesh Barnea. Deut 1:19.
What happened to the disciples after Judas betrayed Jesus? In Luke 22:47-48 Jesus is betrayed (In Matt 27:5 Judas hung himself) and immediately afterward Peter denies Him in verses 54-62! Where are all the others? You don’t hear of them until Chapter 24:37. Everything up to that point was intense. Jesus is mocked and spat at.
Fortunately in Acts when the 11 Apostles are together, they decide to recruit one more person because a government needed to be established. The church in Jerusalem had the Twelve as the main leaders. Let’s a take a look at Acts 1:23-26 as we begin to see the importance of government especially as it applies to this year:
And they proposed two: Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias. And they prayed and said, “You, O Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which of these two You have chosen to take part in this ministry and apostleship from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.” And they cast their lots, and the lot fell on Matthias. And he was numbered with the eleven apostles
The meaning of the number 12 in the Bible
12 is the number of Divine Governance. In order to understand the significance of that we should look at two definitions of the word government:
a) the form or system or rule by which a state, community, church, organization etc is governed.
b) direction; control; management; rule.
It is so crucial to understand this because that speaks of order and principle. That demonstrates the transition from a year of chaos and disorder to a year of order and management. There is a reason why 11 appears between 10 and 12. You have 10 that represents celebration, testimony and tithes according to Malachi 3:10. All the breakthroughs are met by disorganization, collapse of the economy, chaos, and disapproval as represented by 11. All that clears the path for the establishment of government where there is order and rules in place for the plans of God to manifest. Numbers are not to be taken lightly.
As for Ishmael, I have heard of you. I will indeed bless him, make him fruitful, and give him a multitude of descendants. He will become the father of twelve princes; I will make him into a great nation. Genesis 17:20
God had Abraham’s promise for his son Isaac secured already but He knew Abraham was worried about Ishmael. Since Abraham was going to be the father of many nations, Ishmael also had to have a blessing as part of being Abraham’s family. He was going to be the father of twelve princes and right there a government was put in place. This prophecy was fulfilled in Chapter 25:16:
These are the sons of Ishmael, and these are their names by their settlements and their camps- twelve princes according to their clans.
The first president of the United States said, “It is impossible to govern the world without God and the Bible.” The two go together. You can’t actually have a government without God involved because He is the One that puts it there in the first place! Everything that governs is governed by God and that includes wicked regimes. Nebuchadnezzar, the murdering, hateful ruler of Babylon was called “the servant of the Lord”. (Jeremiah 25:9; 27:6; 43:10). We all know of His obvious involvement with Pharaoh in Exodus.
As you watch what is going on in the political sector, particularly the elections, pay close attention to Romans 13:1-2:
Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authorities come from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted , and they will be punished.
Understanding the purpose of government
One of the key things this year that will make it so evident that it is the year of complete governance is peace. This is the peace that comes with order, submission, and your place both under and in authority. This will be a year of tremendous order and blessing. How is this so? Let’s see 1 Peter 2:13-17
For the Lord’s sake, respect all human authority—whether the king as head of state, or the officials he has appointed. For the king has sent them to punish those who do wrong and to honor those who do right.
It is God’s will that your honorable lives should silence those ignorant people who make foolish accusations against you. For you are free, yet you are God’s slaves, so don’t use your freedom as an excuse to do evil. Respect everyone, and love your Christian brothers and sisters. Fear God, and respect the king
This picture of freedom indicates respect towards governance. It is not about abusing to further selfish gain and take advantage of others amongst other evil things. Rather it is about honoring all aspect of government and those around you.
There is an example of this in the book of Daniel. In Chapter 2:24, Nebuchadnezzar has a dream but asks his soothsayers, magicians, enchanters and fortune-tellers to tell him his dream and interpret it. If they can’t do that then they will be killed. These people represent the evil officials in a government and surely enough they did deserve to die. Watch Daniel’s response to one of the king’s men:
Therefore Daniel went to Arioch, whom the king had appointed to destroy the wise men of Babylon. He went and said thus to him: “Do not destroy the wise men of Babylon; take me before the king, and I will tell the king the interpretation.”
The types of governance
1) Self-governance. The Bible makes reference to this as self-control. That is the most important type of governance. If you don’t have self-control how are you going to make wise choices and good decisions? The vital thing to increase is self-esteem. That covers every aspect of who you are. Self-esteem is what you see yourself as. Your level of self-respect. That is determined by your self-image which is the way you see yourself in your day-to-day interactions with others. It determines who you are when you are by yourself and who you are when you are with others. If there are two different people in those situations you only cheat yourself. If there is lack of self-respect then there is lack of respect for others. Do yourself and everyone a favor and love yourself. Do what you say you will do. Be honest because that always counts for something.
Aren’t they the ones who slander Jesus Christ, whose noble name you bear?
Yes indeed, it is good when you obey the royal law as found in the Scriptures: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” But if you favor some people over others, you are committing a sin. You are guilty of breaking the law. James 2:7-9
2) Family governance. Obviously the headship in a family institution is the married couple. They are a team. If the marriage is not sustained neither will the family. They have to do honorable things in order for the children to actually honor them as parents (Exodus 20:12; Deuteronomy 5:16). Once they have obtained the honor it makes it easier for the children to obey them (Ephesians 6:1-3; Colossians 3:20). That makes the job easier for the parents to train them in the way they should go (Proverbs 22:6). Since respect is actually a two-fold thing, the parents should also respect the children by not provoking them to anger (Ephesians 6:4; Colossians 3:21). They should also play the providing role properly by giving the children what they ask for, as long as it is harmless and beneficial (Matt 7:9-12). Finally marriage, above all, must be sustained through the submission (encouragement, support) of the wife to the husband (Ephesians 5:22-24; Colossians 3:18) and the love of the husband to the wife just as Christ loved the church (Ephesians 5:25-26; Colossians 3:19). These principles also apply to extended families and family institutions with single parents. The government authority is maintained with control from the immediate family. No outside help is to take part unless permitted (Gen 2:24).
3) Church governance. This was exemplified in Acts 1 with the election of the final Apostle which then made the Twelve. Together they made the decisions. There was order with the leadership. That then brings order with the rest of the church. If there is so much as one pastor that is spoken ill of that will bring division and judgement in the church. That is why there is emphasis on having a strong family governance first before taking leadership in the church (1 Tim 3:1-12).
4) Marketplace governance. It is so important for everyone to be cooperative in the work place. There must be respect for superiors (Ephesians 6:5-8;Colossians 3:22-25; Titus 2:9-10). Superiors should treat subordinates with love and care. They should be very supportive and encouraging (Ephesians 6:9).
5) Civil governance. This is simple. All that has to be done is to respect each other’s properties. No one should covet another’s possessions (Exodus 20:17; Deuteronomy 5:21). Do not overstay your welcome (Proverbs 25:17). Do not be violent towards anyone or hang around violent people (Proverbs 3:29-32). Do not withhold anything from your neighbour if you can give it to them now (Proverbs 3:27). Do not rush quickly to court just to prove your cause but rather settle the matter first amongst yourselves (Proverbs 25:8-10; Matt 18:15-17). Do not gossip because that often comes back to you (Proverbs 11:12-23; 12:16, 23; 13:3).
Rather be encouraging as iron sharpens iron (Proverbs 27:17). Be forgiving ( Matt 18:22). Confess your sins to one another and pray for each other (James 5:16). Always speak well of others (Proverbs 15:23). Show hospitality not only to those you know but strangers as well (Hebrews 13:1-2). Civil governance is not about exercising your rights and ownership but about doing good to and for others so that the whole community is blessed.
NB: You cannot have these things in order if they are outside of God’s order.
In this year creating good networks and growing relationships is going to help bring order. You cannot have a government without people. You cannot have a family without people. You cannot have a nation without people. Progressing far this year and getting closer to your destiny requires having good relationships and knowing the right people. It’s about establishing a good civil government.
Great stuff about the number 12 taken from Troy A Brewer’s book: Numbers that preach
Twelve marks when God is control of something. That’s why Jesus declared that he could call on the power of 12 legions (72000) of angels.(Matt 26:53). Jesus didn’t have 55 or 10,000 legions of angles waiting for His command, the number He gave was TWELVE. He really was in control of the situation then and He is still is today.
Jacob had twelve sons and Israel had twelve tribes. It is interesting to note that Jacob and Israel are the same person. One is born of man and the other born of God and God governs over both of them perfectly.
Jesus had twelve disciples. (The dirty dozen, I call them.) He set up the church with the foundation of twelve teachable, yieldable men that would drop their plans and follow him anywhere.
That’s why the new Jerusalem has twelve gates and twelve foundations.
Revelations 21:13-14 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; on the west three gates. And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
There are also 12 pearls; and 12 angels associated with the new Jerusalem. The measurements of that “city” is seen as 12,000 furlongs or stadia, while the wall will be 144 (12 x 12) cubits (Rev. 21:16-17).
Speaking of the book of revelation there are the famous 144,000 (12 x 12) in chapter 14. It is interesting to note that the mark of those that are part of Gods Kingdom and serve him as King (besides bearing fruit of the Spirit) is that they will follow him.
…These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. (Rev 14:2-4)
The first recorded words of Jesus were at the age of Twelve.
There were 12 Baskets of fragments left over when Jesus miraculously fed the crowds of people.
There were 12 spies sent out by Moses in Numbers 13.
Elijah built an altar of 12 stones when he called fire down from heaven. ( 1 Kings 17 )
The are 12 months in a year because God rules over every year.
The are twelve major constellations because God rules over all the heavens.
There are 60 minutes in and hour (12 x 5 ) and 60 seconds in a minute because God perfectly governs every nano moment that has ever been measured.
The number Twenty Four (12 x 2)
Worship and Priesthood: A witness that testifies God governs
There are 24 elders that circle the throne and 24,000 plus miles that circle the planet. John the revelator declared he saw 24 elders around the throne 1693 years before John Harrison solved the longitude problem and confirmed that there are 24 time zones around the world. It was in the bible over 1500 years before it was in the science books.
Twenty four is 12 x 2 so it is a witness of Gods perfect government. What happens when you witness or become a witness to The King of Kings is you worship. That’s why the 24 elders always fall down and worship because they see him as King.
Worship is associated with the number 24.
24 is also associated with priesthood as David distributed the priest among 24 descendents of Aaron. (1 chronicles 24)
I like that because the King of Kings and great High priest Jesus Christ calls us Kings and priests:
Revelations 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
The number 12 and the number 24 are both associated with those people that follow the Lamb and worship the Savior. Maybe that’s why the word “Savior” is found in the bible exactly 24 times.
You can’t beat that government!
Twelve is always associated with God’s authority and His final say. I remember hearing the “prophet” John Cougar Melencamp sing at the Farm Aid concert “I fight authority, authority always wins”
I also remember that as King Jesus stood bleeding in front of Pontius Pilate he explained to the governor who was really governing the situation.
John 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above
That kind of revelation could make the devil himself run off yelling, “I find no fault.”
It ain’t over when the fat lady sings. Its over when every authority that’s refuses to be subject to God’s governing authority is thrown down and put in its right place.
1 Corinthians 15:24
Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
God preaches through the number twelve and when he does His message has something to do with perfect government.
Bring order and peace by prayer
Dr Mike Murdock said: This is the year of Answered Prayer. Let’s bring order this year by praying for those in authority:
I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth 1 Tim 2:1-4.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!