I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well Psalm 139:14
No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the LORD Isaiah 54:17
When you say, “I can’t” and expect the worst, you become weak and unhappy.
When you say “I can”, and expect success, you fill yourself with confidence and happiness.
Positive thoughts are not enough. There have to be positive feelings and positive actions.
1) Focus only on the best and not at all on the worst. Think the best, say the best, see the best (in others first then yourself), believe the best, act like the best, live the best, and only then will you truly be the best.
2) Think the opposite of every negative thought that comes to mind. Some times staying in positive thinking as much as possible can be hard, all you will have to do then is think the opposite of every negative thing that comes to mind.
3) Read material that are related to positive factors. It does not necessarily have to be something specific about being positive but as long as it’s very closely related, or even at least has something to do with it, then read as much as possible about it then apply it.
4) Resolve to say 10 positive things everyday. You can actually split them however you like. It could 5 thing about yourself then 5 about others. It could 5 about yourself in the morning then 5 in the afternoon or evening. However you choose to do it make sure you say them over yourself first. Just remember what Joyce Meyer likes to say: Love yourself, but don’t fall in love with yourself.”
5) Say something positive at the beginning and end of everything. When you talk to and about someone, when seeing a movie, reading material, doing both indoor and outdoor activities, your hobbies and so on. If you don’t like something or someone mention the points of improvements then give a polite comment on the person or thing.
6) Spend more time with positive people than anyone else. I know it is awkward if that person is not your best friend but more like your acquaintance! That’s alright, the more time you spend with them the more you become like them and eventually affect your best friend the same way. No matter who it is, sibling, spouse, coworker, classmate, teammate, boss etc, do whatever you can to spend as much time as possible with such people.
7) Say and do positive things for your enemies. Now because you would already be hopefully following step 5, doing this should not be too hard. It is about creating a positive outcome. You do that by believing the best of everyone, even if it seems like it is not possible for any good to exist in some people. It is called loving those who need it most, and it is often those who deserve it least:
If your enemies are hungry, give them food to eat.
If they are thirsty, give them water to drink.
You will heap burning coals of shame on their heads,
and the Lord will reward you.
As surely as a north wind brings rain,
so a gossiping tongue causes anger! Proverbs 25:21-23
When a man’s ways please the LORD,
He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him. Proverbs 16:7
8) Give credit to and commend yourself on every task you accomplish. No matter how small.
It does take effort to be sad when you think about it. They talk about using more muscles to frown after all. It’s really not worth the effort!