“Then the LORD answered me and said: “ Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it” Habakkuk 2:2
“We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand.” C. Day Lewis
They say “Your goal is half achieved when it’s written down.” Now that’s only true if it’s actually specific. Saying something like “I want to own a business” does not help. You might as well say, “I want to visit a country.” What kind of business would you like to have? All you have to do is pick up the pen, keyboard, laptop, mobile phone, iPod touch or tablet and write it down! Everything I’m going to write for this post is all taken from Dr Mike Murdock’s book, “31 Secrets Of The Riches Man Who Ever Lived” Whenever you can, I highly suggest and recommend you get this book.
Develop a plan for achieving your goals
Write down everything that you could desire, dream or want during your lifetime. Here are a few ideas to help you get started:
-Would you like to learn a foreign language?
-Would you like to write your own book? If so, what would it be about?
-What country would you like to visit?
-Is there a special person you would like to meet?
-Is there a ballet or play you have wanted to attend?
-Is there a specific business opportunity you keep seeing in your imagination everyday?
-What is the most beautiful car you can imagine owning? If you could have it next year, describe it fully on your dream list today.
-Would you like to be debt free? How much would it cost you to be debt free? What needs to happen for that to occur in the next five years?
-Do you hate being overweight? What would be your desired weight if you could simply wave your pencil and it would occur instantly? Write it down.
Do not edit these dreams or prejudge their worth. Simply write them down. Do not delete or eliminate anything that comes to your mind. You have an entire lifetime to make changes! Right now your goal is to create the most marvelous Dream List you could possibly imagine for the next five minutes. Now do this before you continue!
Organize your dream by taking the following seven steps immediately:
1) List the one great goal you want to achieve with your life.
2) List five reasons why you want to achieve it. Who will benefit because of your goal and dream? This is very important. In difficult times, you will need to remind yourself of what motivated you to do it in the beginning!
3) Take a sheet of paper and write down everything you can imagine that might be involved in achieving this dream. Every step, every detail you can think of. It might be easier to dictate it since you can talk four to six times faster than you can write.
4) List the potential problems that exist and note the current solutions to you.
5) List the names of everyone you could possibly involve in your dream.
6) Create your personal “Circle of Counsel” for your dream. These individuals will serve as your advisors, brainstorming and sharing with you regarding your goal and dream. They will define and refine your dream plan.
7) Define your personal rewards for achieving this goal. Be honest and write out your financial, emotional, or physical rewards your goals will create.
My say in this
Again I do not take credit for any of this. It’s the work of an ordinary man who has done an extraordinary job in growing, learning and discovering these keys. It would be great for you to read these posts as well, since they go in conjunction with is one:
It may be a good idea to refresh your memory if you have read them before. Hope you enjoyed your stay.